Follow Phil Yeh on Facebook.
- 5/21/13: Original McDonald's building in San Bernardino is canvas for Phil Yeh mural.
- 9/4/12: Phil Yeh's beloved cartoon character Frank The UNICORN, is making a comeback!
- 8/13/12: PHIL YEH ANSWERS 15 QUESTIONS WITH JULINDA MORROW...
- 5/1/12: New Phil Yeh historical mural on Route 66 officially unveiled today. San Bernardino has a new art treasure.San Bernardino SUN.
The Writing (and Drawing) is on the Wall!
READ the article by John Weeks in The San Bernardino SUN .
SEE the mural at the historic original McDonald's location on Route 66 in progress.
Sponsorships for this historic mural are still available: Contact us for information.
Phil Yeh offers his opinion on creator's rights. Read more...
Phil Yeh was the man who helped spark interest in the sad saga of 'Superman' creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel. Read more....
- 12/12/11: Phil Yeh is the Guest of Honor
and opening speaker at FestiComics 2011 in Haifa, Israel! December 22 to 30 will be a jam-packed week, opening the festival with an inspiring talk by Phil, a huge panoramic mural painting, a visit to the Rambam Children's Oncology hospital, judging the art in the finals of the FestiComics Cup of cartooning art, and a presentation in the Israeli Cartoon Museum in Holon.
This special trip is sponsored by the US Embassy in Tel Aviv. Download the full Press Release here.
Our gloriously colorful book, The Winged Tiger in Singapore was on display at the Yishun Public Library in Singapore. The book is showcased as part of the National Day book display. Ours is the first children's story book officially Made in Singapore, a collaboration between Singaporean Cartoonist He Shuxin and Phil Yeh, with coloring by Lieve Jerger. Preview and order here.
Uncle Jam was featured in Artist As Brand BLOG.
- 7/11/11: Digital Story Telling Project by San Bernardino Library, California:
Singapore (26 January 2011) With a plethora of tablet PCs about to be released, 2011 is turning into the year of the tablet - and content providers are preparing to slug it out on these nifty devices. Interactive ebook creator KooBits is now challenging established ebook sellers with an interactive reincarnation of famed cartoonist Phil Yeh's popular comic, Dinosaurs Across America.
- 12/10/10: Phil Yeh and Shuxin are interviewed by the Singapore Straits Times.
- 11/18/10: Our new book is out: The Winged Tiger in Singapore debuts in December at the Singapore Convention.
- 11/10/10: Phil Yeh paints a city bus in Santa Fe New Mexico at the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe. Sept. 16-18, 2010.
- 11/1/10: Yeh gets credit for helping Superman's creators.
- 9/1/10: Phil Yeh and Phil Ortiz will be at the Singapore Toy, Game, and Comic Convention on December 10-12, 2010! Read all about it!
- 9/2/10: Phil is speaking and painting a bus in Santa Fe, NM September 16-18 to celebrate The Santa Fe Literacy program!
- 8/31/10: Phil Ortiz and Phil Yeh's mural event at the Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison, Wisconsin August 27, 2010.
02/03/2010: Phil Yeh will speak at Saddleback Art League on Tuesday February 9 in Mission Viejo, California.
- 8/28/10: John Kovalic joins Cartoonists Across America for a one day Madison mural!
- 8/11/10: Philapalooza in Madison, Wisconsin on Saturday, August 28th!
Phil Ortiz and Phil Yeh to paint a mural at the ZOO in Madison on August 27, and then sign their books on August 28 at Westfield Comics! Phil Ortiz will "simpsonize" you or draw you as you would look if you were one of the Simpson's characters! Phil Yeh will be signing his latest children's books, to make kids smarter than their parents! It all happens on Saturday from 1 to 4pm at
Westfield Comics Bookstore, 7475 Mineral Point Rd., Madison, WI 53717 (in High Point Center near Pedro's)
See the flyer!
- 8/4/10: Phil & Lieve's Moscow image
is featured in the Emmanuel Itier film, THE INVOCATION
, winner of the Best Feature Documentary Award
at the 2010 Los Angeles Independent Film Festival.
Read our exclusive interview with the film's creator EMMANUEL ITIER in UNCLE JAM 97
- 4/9/10: "Turn off the TV! Turn off the video games! Get away from the electronics and do something: paint, write, play sports!"
- 4/7/10: What's the world coming to? Now the schools are encouraging kids to read comic books?
- 4/6/10: Please join Cartoonists Across America and artist Phil Ortiz, at our booth in the Anaheim Comic Con 2010 during the Wizard World Convention on APRIL 16-17-18, 2010, FRI-SAT-SUN at the Anaheim Convention Center, 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802.
- 4/6/10: Geoff and Phil debut Steve the Dog & The Winged Tiger at the "Bells & Whistles Snackery" in Glen Ellyn, Illinois!
- 3/30/10: First AFTERCON 2010 to benefit Shel Dorf New Talent Encouragement Fund.
- 3/19/10: Phil interviewed by Malaysian paper about his role in helping Superman's creators.
- 3/16/10: Malaysian star cartoonist LAT celebrates his 59th birthday. Happy Birthday LAT! See his pages in Winged Tiger Comic #5
- 3/13/10: Phil is guest at Girl Scout Environmental event on March 14 at Nixon Library!
- 3/13/10: Malaysian cartoonist Sarah Joan Mokhtar wrote about Phil's recent visit to Kuala Lumpur.
- 03/11/10: San Bernardino (CA) School District picks top graphic novels including Phil Yeh's Dinosaurs Across America!
- 03/7/10: Mark has helped create amazing murals with Cartoonists Across America & The World over the past 25 years! Mark Bode's latest mural in Oakland is a great one. Check out a slideshow.
Watch a video.
- 03/01/10: Live update from Kuala Lumpur on GERSON GILRANDY's blog!
- 02/21/10: News from Singapore!
02/15/10: Phil Yeh speaks and signs books at Kinokuniya Books in Singapore in February 2010!
02/11/10: We finish our wall mural on February 11, 2010 in San Bernardino! See the new pix!
- Cartoonists Across America's new mural for Chicago at Open Books March 19 and 20, 2010 and book party for Steve the Dog and The Winged Tiger.
- Phil Yeh to paint at LA Home Show February 13 and 14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center and then he will paint new murals and speak in Singapore and Malaysia from February 20th to March 2nd, 2010.
- Cartoonists Across America with special guest artist Kevin Eastman, paint a new mural for the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles on Dec 5, 2009.
- How Phil Yeh when he was 21 helped the creators of Superman.
- Cartoonists Across America
one-day cartoon mural in sunny San Bernardino, one block off Route 66!
- Phil Yeh's tribute to Shel Dorf, the founder of the
San Diego Comic-Con International
- Back from the Frankfurt Book Fair
2009. 10/19/2009: Read the Report.
- Phil Yeh will sign his award winning new book,
Dinosaurs Across America at Hi De Ho
Comics & Books with Pictures on Wednesday, September 16th,
11-4 at 525 Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica, CA. The Lace Princess
will also appear in full regalia and demonstrate her copper lace magic.
- Phil Yeh will sign his award winning new book,
Dinosaurs Across America at Comics
Unlimited located at 16344 Beach Blvd, in the Target shopping
mall in Westminster, CA. from 1:00-5:00 pm on Saturday, September 19,
2009. The Lace Princess will also appear in full regalia and
demonstrate her copper lace magic.
- Phil Yeh launches Cars & Guitars Tour in Southern
- Cartoonists Across America to paint a
mural at Bank of Books, Saturday August 29, 2009 in Ventura, California!
- 07/27/2009 Phil Yeh was honored with
the prestigious Inkpot Award at the 2009 Comic-Convention San
- 07/20/2009 Phil Yeh was interviewed at NEWSARAMA. Read it here.
- 07/07/2009 Phil Yeh will be showing new work at Skyforest Art
Festival August 15-16
- 06/23/09 New Archie comic book will feature a
cover story on Route 66 with Cartoonists Across America's Phil Yeh!
- 06/12/2009 Phil Yeh is an honored Guest Artist at the 2009
COMICON in San Diego. Phil Yeh attended the first Comic-Con in 1970
as a teenager. The experience inspired him to start his own publishing
company. In 1977 he wrote, illustrated, and published one of the first
modern American graphic novels, Even Cazco Gets the Blues. He
started Cartoonists Across America & the World in 1985 to promote
literacy, the arts, and creativity using humor and comics.
- 05/07/2009 Mural at the Dayton Peace Museum in Ohio!
- 05/15/2009 Phil Yeh and Phil Ortiz, one
the original Simpsons' artists, will be appearing at the
legendary Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC on Wednesday May 27th, 2009, from
11 am to 6 pm, along with special guest artist Candy John, who
will perform a few songs. Candy John was Donovan's
drummer! The first issue of Dinosaurs Across New York will
debut at the mural event. Everyone
- 04/17/2009 Phil Yeh's unique fine art
prints are part of a group show at Mountain Arts Network Spring Group
Show & Sale, on May 8, 9 & 10 at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and
Spa. The resort is located in Lake Arrowhead Village at 27984 Highway
18. Check the
Mountain Arts Network website for details.
Dinosaurs Across America reviewed by Laura Friesen,
Holt Elementary, Eugene School District.
- 02/07/2009 Lieve Jerger and Phil
Yeh's unique fine art collaborations are part of a group show at The Red Brick Gallery
in old town Ventura near the historic mission. The
show's title is "Magical Moments" and Jerger and Yeh are showing new
pieces that reflect the magic of Yeh's watercolors and Jerger's
one-of-a-kind Copper Lace Art.
- 11/11/08 Dinosaurs Across
was given two new awards in one week: the Editor's Choice Award from Library Media Connection
magazine AND The Children's Choice Award in "The
- 10/25/08 Phil
Yeh joins Seattle illustrator and cartoonist Henry
Chamberlain in his proposal for "education, connection and career
placement for people through the comics art form" and setting up a
Comics Study center in Seattle, WA.
- 10/12/08 Phil Yeh contributes new art for the Third Annual
Wonder Woman Day auction. Check out all these wonderful tributes here.
- 10/08/08 Our own Jon J. Murakami has drawn his impressions of
the 2008 Comic-Con.
- 10/01/08 Phil
CREATE-AVOID-EXTINCTION theme for the
2009 Cartoonists Across America and The World campaign!
- 9/29/08 Our first mural in Santa Clarita, California on
December 6, 2008!
- 8/29/08 Phil
Yeh & Phil Ortiz go to Arizona for events in Phoenix and Glendale,
Sept 18-21, 2008.
- 8/21/08 Phil
- 7/22/08 Godfather
Diego Comic Con
International, July 24-27, 2008
- Dinosaurs Across America reviewed on Mama Sparkles
- 7/4/08: Phil
- 7/15/08: Follow the latest reviews from Publishers Weekly
regarding Phil Yeh's Literacy Campaign and his new children's graphic
novel, the full-color, hardcover "Dinosaurs Across America" here.
- 6/18/08: Phil
26 to 29, 2008.
- 6/8/08: Phil
21, 2008. He will also
sign books at Barnes & Noble in Santa Barbara, California, at 1:00
- 5/29/08: Read the newspaper articles about Phil Yeh's Long
Beach, CA, art show.
Across America picked as one of the best 25 graphic novels for
libraries by The
- Watch VIDEO
clips of Phil Yeh's documentary film "Planet Literacy" - from his
Winged Tiger World Tour, promoting reading and the arts that started in
1985 and will continue through 2010.
- Using his talent and
popularity to promote literacy, Phillip Yeh is NOW at Comic Con in New York!
Across America hardcover book gets top reviews from critics.
- Phil Yeh interviewed
on Comics Bulletin about new projects. - Read it here.
- "The Winged Tiger in
China" and "Steve The Dog and The Winged Tiger." Two great new
children's books are on Phil Yeh's drawing board, being colorized by
Lieve Jerger. These books are meant to be film. Check out
- The new Dinosaurs Across Route 66 comic is a huge success.
Kids and grownups love it! See
- Great review for Route 66 comic in ROUTE 66 NEWS, by
- Route 66
comic profiled in The San Bernardino SUN article by John Weeks!
- Phil Yeh
and Richard Starkings team up for a new story in Image Comics Popgun I
and writers draw on A CUSTOM GUITAR to call attention to the arts in a
new program from Cartoonists Across America & The World!
ALL-NEW Cazco graphic novel by
Phil Yeh celebrates the 35th anniversary of the character's first
appearance in 1972 as well as the 30th anniversary of Yeh's first
graphic novel in 1977.
- 01/06/2008: Art
inspired by Bruce Lee at LA gallery. Exhibit opening was packed!
- 01/04/2008: Phil speaks at the Southern California Cartoonists
Society meeting in San Diego on January 9th to kick off our 23rd year
of this tour.
- 12/13/2007: San Bernardino Sun features an article about the fun
Dinosaurs Across Route 66 comic book by Phil Yeh.
- 10/18/2007: San Bernardino Library Event gets write up in the
press: El Chicano Weekly, Inland Empire Weekly.
- 09/18/2007: "The Legend Of The Winged
Tiger", the sold-out comic book by Phil Yeh, appears as a
- 09/15/2007: Keith
- 08/16/2007: Phil
Yeh featured on Juxtapoz Website as he celebrates the 30th anniversary
of his first modern American Graphic Novel in NY, LA, and Washington,
the walls of San Diego
Yeh featured on Juxtapoz Website as he celebrates the 30th anniversary
of the first modern American graphic novel in June 2007 in New York
City, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
"Little Star Magazine"
CAA and Phil Yeh recognized for his
literacy work in the book "HOMETOWN HEROES: Real Stories of Ordinary
People Doing Extraordinary Things All Across America.
A new Dinosaurs Across America
billboard goes up in Southern California!
Two complete new PhilYeh FONTS for both Mac and Windows, created by and
now available exclusively from Comicraft
"Cazco: What a Long
Strange Trip It's Been!" First chapter due out April '07.
Phil Yeh's original oil paintings for his best-selling "Theo
children's book on exhibit
at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
RELEASE Phil Yeh is a keynote speaker in Newark at American Comic
Bernardino Feldheym Library plans huge literacy event with Phil Yeh's
Original Oils from Theo The
Dinosaur book on EXHIBIT at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
"Almost Famous"is the 25th Anniversary Issue of the
Winged Tiger Comics & Stories. Exclusive interviews with modern
Order your first edition copy here.
Godfather of the American Graphic
Novel nationwide graphic novel workshops are in high demand.
RECORD SALES for The Winged Tiger
and The Dragons of Hawaii,
BOOK by Jon J. Murakami and Phil Yeh.
CAA goes to Europe and ComiCon this
Third Bilingual Comic Book by Phil
Yeh with a Candy Sculpture by Brenda Murphy, The Candy Queen.
Phil Yeh is an honored guest at
the first Utopia 2003 Convention in Mexico City
Phil paints two murals in Las
Vegas Valley for the local schools and librairies.
Phil's article "Uncle Jam: Thirty
Our Candy Queen character is in
Second Bilingual Patrick Rabbit to
be released in November !
We are looking forward to
seeing all our friends at Comicon 2003 in San Diego
Why 2003 is not really the
25th anniversary of the graphic novel in the USA.
Our first bilingual book
(Spanish+English) on the drawing table for release in May 2003.
See the cover of Patrick Rabbit #12 here.
Phil Yeh became the Godfather of the American graphic novel.
Comicon, TinTin and Europe in the summer of
|| Phil has created this tribute
TinTin for the program book of this year's San Diego Comic Con
International where will be showing off all our new books at our CAA
booth and painting a new mural promoting literacy and the arts for the
San Diego community. ComiCon 2004 is held July 22-25 at the beautiful
San Diego Convention Center. Special guest artists Jon J. Murakami will
join us in our booth. Phil is introducing their new children's book
"The Winged Tiger and The Dragons of Hawaii". Our European
Vice-President Klaus Leven flew in to debut his first German-English
comic called Joey & Gonz! Phil and Klaus just spent 2 weeks in
Germany painting murals and visiting students and planning a huge
European tour for the future. Phil's eldest son Rob Valentine Yeh
finally made his first trip over the pond and he was instrumental in
helping make this tour a real success.
The Winged Tiger and The Dragons of Hawaii - a
Chicago BookExpoAmerica debut.
|| This fun for all ages book tells the story of how five
dragons came from five different places (four from Earth and one from
another planet) to live in Hawaii with the help of the Winged Tiger's
magical powers. Each dragon -Red, Lilly, Rusty, Geo and Erin-
represents a different element and has a very different background. But
they all share a love for music and when all characters are united at
the end of the story, the book goes from black and white to full color
at the end - they form a band of musicians. A First Edition by Eastwind
This third book in the Patrick Rabbit series of
comics completes a graphic novel in both Spanish and English.
|| Yeh's new comic book Patrick Rabbit #16 is called Patrick
and marks the end of the adventure
started in Patrick Rabbit #12 (Patrick Goes to Mexico) and #14 (Patrick
). The three issue series is in English and Spanish
and features the work of Brenda Murphy also known as the Candy Queen.
She has created a candy sculpture of a Filipino Jeepney for the cover
of this new book which also features some artwork by the late Filipino
master illustrator Alfredo Alcala. Alcala's work graced the
pages of comic books throughout the world for almost 50 years including
such titles as Batman, The Hulk, Conan, and his own creation Voltar,
Phil paints two murals in Las Vegas Valley for
the local schools and librairies
|| Our mural and booth at the second annual Las Vegas
Bookfestival were a success. This article appeared in the Las Vegas
Mercury: "A thousand words" (Phil Yeh promotes literacy
through comics) written by F. Andrew Taylor. Call us NOW to plan for a
fun assembly at YOUR SCHOOL!
Phil's article "Uncle Jam: Thirty Years After"
|| Phil writes about the origins of his first publication,
"Uncle Jam", and how it led to his new literacy and art projects. Read
the article here. See some covers.
Phil Yeh is a special guest at the first Utopia
2003 Convention in Mexico City...
|| ... along with Sergio Aragones, Stan Sakai, Dave Thorne,
Francois Boucq, Juan Gimenez, Mike Kunkel, Tony Bancroft, Humberto
Ramos, and others. Phil brought down his new bilingual Patrick Rabbit
comics to the convention and was delighted to see so many old friends
and fans in Mexico. Click this Utopia logo to see some photos from the
Our Candy Queen character is in the News
| In an interview for the Chronicle-Tribune of Marion,
IN, Brenda Murphy a.k.a. the Candy Queen talks about
her candy sculptures and becoming a comic book character.
Second Bilingual Patrick Rabbit to be released
in November !
The second bilingual book in the
Rabbit series will include a host of guest artists and a a special
tribute to one of Phil's first publications.
Read more about it here.
We are looking forward to seeing all our
friends at Comicon 2003 in San Diego
San Diego Comic Con is one of the most
fun events we do every year.
Phil drew a cartoon for the
Why 2003 is not really the 25th anniversary of
the graphic novel in the USA.
Phil sets the record straight on the
origins of the graphic novel in this
Our first bilingual book (Spanish+English) on
the drawing table for release in May 2003.
Phil's first bilingual comic book,
Patrick Rabbit #12, will be released at the Latino Book and Family
Festival coming up this May. Read the press release here.
Phil Yeh's original art from the hit book "Theo
The Dinosaur" is on exhibit in Cleveland. See
the original art. Cleveland
exhibit and events details.
Phil Yeh nationwide graphic novel workshops are
in high demand.
Phil Yeh, the Godfather of the Graphic Novel, has been drawing eager
crowds all across the United States on his 200-city tour. On November,
2005, Phil appeared in the Homewood Public Library in Illinois where
his mother grew up. The event was a wonderful success and Phil will be
back in the Midwest this spring and in nearby Flossmoor Public Library
on April 24, 2006. Call (805) 928-4603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to book us for this last great American tour. In the fall we head
for Europe, Asia, and then Australia and Africa in 2007. We are on the
final leg of this 25 year global tour and we really do want to appear
in schools, libraries and communities everywhere. Read about it here.
Phil Yeh's Dinosaurs Across America "Route 66" theme is featured on a
brand new billboard on the Westbound Interstate 10 Freeway near County
exit in Yucaipa, CA as of January 2007!
new billboard was generously sponsored by LAMAR advertising
company. The sign celebrates the San Bernardino Public Library who also
used Phil's artwork for their own holiday greeting card in 2006 and on
The 9th edition of Dinosaurs Across America will be published this
spring and we are planning a tour from California to Chicago (the start
of Route 66) in March and April.
You don't have to be located on the old Mother Road to have us
paint a mural, or do a school assembly, or graphic novel workshop in
your local library or youth center in 2007!
We will be traveling all over the country and we believe that the
spirit of Route 66 is everywhere in America. Contact Phil directly to
book an event on this great American TOUR in 2007 by emailing us now. Our 25 year tour
around the world continues till 2010!
The title is "HOMETOWN HEROES: Real Stories of
Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things All Across America." It is
an American Profile Magazine book, published by HarperCollins.
Read American Profile Article here.
It is a paperback with approximately 256 pages. It includes 50 stories,
each with a photo. The book goes on sale April 24, 2007. Price will be
$12.95. Click the cover image to order.
Phil Yeh paints a
mural and speaks at the Utah State Arts Festival June 26 to 29, 2008.
bar up to the 15 minute mark to hear Phil's radio interview HERE.
Television report on the event on ABC.4 channel. Read
the story and watch the video here.